We’re always looking for passionate, talented people to join our team. If you don’t see a job listed that fits your skill set, send us your resume. We’ll be in touch if a relevant position becomes available.
Sub Rosa is a creative studio in New York’s West Village. We build empathic solutions that help our clients progress. We are seeking a Strategist to join our team. The role of the Strategist is to partner with internal and client teams in the service of solving stated briefs tactically, creatively and empathically. He/she will act as a key shepherd through the Sub Rosa process; defining the core challenge, discovering rich and relevant insights and their related opportunities, designing strategic recommendations, developing actionable solutions, and deploying for immediate significance and long-term sustainability. Though channel-agnostic through much of this process, the Strategist should have a strong ability to apply their Market Research Strategy background to Brand, Culture, and Product challenges creatively. Additionally, he/she should positively contribute to making Sub Rosa’s culture an envy of the industry; where great people with great vibes make great work, every day.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com and indicate Strategist in the subject heading.
Sub Rosa is a strategy and design practice headquartered in New York’s West Village. We create strategies and solutions that empower leaders and evolve organizations. Our work is grounded in Applied Empathy, a methodology created by Sub Rosa that brings insights and action together to drive change. We are developing a powerful new capability and product suite to strengthen this approach and are seeking a leader who will be responsible for driving the vision, roadmap, and execution of this strategic offering, including its development, operations, and growth.
Qualities We Seek In Our Future Leader:
Business Acumen: Demonstrated experience as a business leader who has fluency in the commercial basics, including business modeling and P&L management. We expect this individual to be a brand and business strategist capable of leading the transformation of product ideas from their most formidable stages into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects while maintaining a serious consideration of the financial implications, marketing needs, and the overall objectives of the business. This is a balanced analytical and creative thinker who understands the user experience, commercial value, and key delivery aspects of a data analytics offering built on a human-centered technology platform. Has a strong desire and commitment to help bring a new offering that holistically integrates ethnography and data science to market.
Product Development: Has proven experience leading product strategy formation as well as execution. Responsible for the creation of a long-term business methodologies and procedures for conducting research, design and UX conceptualization, prototyping, and product development across the entire offering and product suite. Contributes to the architecture of the platform to identify, analyze and interpret trends in complex data sets.
Sales & Growth Minded: Always on the lookout for opportunities where Sub Rosa can bring value to a brand and its business. Has created and executed proactive new business strategies, from identifying and researching future prospects through to pitching and converting new business.
Client Leader & Team Builder: Experience recruiting, building, leading and mentoring a specialized team. Has a community of influencers to help inspire the talent and the work and to propel the business forward. Is acutely proficient in leading and nurturing client relationships.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Product Leader in the subject heading.
Sub Rosa is a creative studio in New York’s West Village. We build empathic solutions that help our clients progress. We are currently seeking a Production and Presentation Designer to join our team on a month-to-month freelance contract.
This freelance role will work on-site, and within our design practice. He/she will partner with Art Directors and Designers daily to work on a few long term projects, and help deliver some shorter client needs including preflighting of print works, creating and delivering presentations (from pre-made templates and bespoke designs), retouching and filing images and assisting on creative work (including image searching, mood boarding and creating mockups). Additionally, he/she should positively contribute to making Sub Rosa’s culture an envy of the industry; where great people with great vibes make great work, every day.
* Be curious. Ask questions. Speak your mind
* The ability to receive a brief, understand what is needed and quickly get to work
* Owning and creating presentations, from start to finish
* Thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment
* Meticulously organized, especially with file creation and archiving
* You must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in a design agency
* Must understand the nuances of creating grids and organizing information
* Must have fast hands in Keynote, Indesign (inCopy a bonus) and Powerpoint
* Photoshop/photo retouching capabilities
* Understanding of packaging and preflighting work for print production, especially in Indesign
* Have a natural understanding of design principles and composition
* Experience building mood and helping search for images at project kick offs
* Additional production skills in editing, and or web is a definite plus, and a possibility for the position to grow
* Shows up with a positive attitude, ready to make whatever is on his or her plate for the week, better
To apply, please submit your resume and rates to email@example.com and indicate ‘Production Designer’ in the subject heading.
We are looking for a Sr Art Director who is passionate about making things. The candidate must be an experienced natural designer who is able to quickly understand a brief and capable of developing the stylistic and artistic direction for internal and external projects. They will need to be technically competent, a generous team player, and an advocate for good taste.
The Sr Art Director will serve as the creative lead on several projects at once with only high-level oversight from the Design Director. They will interact daily with our larger team of art directors, graphic designers, interactive and environmental designers, strategists, and producers to understand the requirements and possibilities of the design challenge. They will be expected to formulate design concepts and presentation approaches based on audience, brief, and agency standards across a myriad of design outputs. The Sr Art Director is expected also to have a keen eye for process and creative project management. They will confer with project-relevant department heads to discuss client requirements and presentation concepts as well as to track creative deliverables coordinating the activities of junior designers working below them. It is anticipated that they will positively and proactively contribute to, if not initiate, ongoing internal department projects with an eye toward improved efficiency, communication, and work product. Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to; art direction for print/digital graphics, identity and layout design, environment, interactive, photo direction, illustration, animation, and video content.
* Advanced conceptual thinking; the ability to solve for the “why’s” of a project—translating graphic elements thoughtfully, and accordingly
* Deep-rooted understanding of the design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of high-quality visual output
* Super strong typography skills
* Have experience developing comprehensive and dynamic identity systems rooted in strong conceptual reasoning
* Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
* Confidence when presenting to clients at all levels within organizations and across various industries
* Ability to command a room and sell work
* Must be able to creatively ideate, both with a team and independently, and seek to develop these skills in their peers
* Strong ability to prioritize tasks and work both independently as well as part of a team
* Should have a well-developed knowledge of the business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and the coordination of junior team members
* Must proactively seek to contribute to internal processes improvement and act as practical and inspirational mentor to junior team members
* Driven, ambitious, and self-motivated
* Unafraid to take risks, push work, and experiment
* Ability to interpret brand strategy and its visual equities
* Adept problem solver
* Possess a thorough knowledge of design best practices
* Organized and particular with a keen eye for detail
* Must work well within a tight-knit team
* Capable and willing to go the extra mile
* 5+ years of professional design experience, 3+ years as an Art Director mentoring juniors
* Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Graphic Design
* Must be fluent on the Apple Mac platform utilizing the Adobe CS Suite
* Knowledge of Video, spatial design, and/or UX/web design a plus
* Ability to communicate fluently in English.
Please only apply if you are legally entitled to work in the US.